Week 11

I chose to research cellphone service websites for the State of Alaska. The three websites I chose are:

www.Verizon.com

www.ATT.com

www.GCI.com

There doesn’t seem to be much use of color in any of these websites. The use of color was lacking. The websites do have their signature colors throughout the site for example Verizon is red, AT&T is blue, and GCI is red, but for the most part the websites are white in color. I think the large amount of white throughout the sites make them appear as a “work in progress’.

Quality of site mapping for Verizon Wireless is pretty easy to navigate. Everything was labeled and easy to find. The one complaint I have about Verizon’s website is that it wouldn’t let you look up the data plans available without telling them if you have service with them. If you answer yes it makes you sign in or create an account. If you do not have a phone already with Verizon then it sent you through the process of picking out a phone. This caused great frustration at not being able to easily see the prices of Verizon’s data plans.

AT&T main page was user friendly. I went right to the talk and data plans page and was able to type in my zip code and was given the options available. AT&T let me put a package together without having to call their 1-800 number. I could everything online.

GCI main page was easy to navigate but when I got to the “single line plans’ there was a lot of text going on in this page. This placement clarity made it hard to distinguish from one topic to the next. After reading through this page GCI does give you the different plan options with price but you had to call GCI 1-800 number to continue.

Overall I would have to say I liked AT&T website the best. They had organization throughout their website and it was easy to navigate to find the information I wanted.